Midwinter Kiss: Introducing a Sugar Scrub to Slough off Winter February 04 2014, 1 Comment
Welcome to Aromacentric’s inaugural blog post!
In the spirit of this month of love and this bitterly cold winter, and after about a dozen iterations and product trials (I have some very soft friends out there whom I thank very much), I am thrilled to introduce a new addition to the Aromacentric line-up (drum roll):
Here’s 14 reasons to love Sweet on You ginger citrus scrub:
- Sweet on You is made with 100% natural ingredients. No parabens, no pthalates, no synthetic fragrances or dyes. It’s naturally preserved with no animal testing.
- Sweet on You is an exfoliating AND a moisturizing product with a cream base, sunflower seed oil, organic coconut oil, organic shea butter and vitamin E.
- Sweet on You is made with sugar, a natural source of glycolic acid, and alpha hydroxy acid. Glycolic acid is good at breaking down protein, the stuff that keeps dead skin cells from flaking off. It also helps new skin cell production. (Source: http://huff.to/1eeQJNZ)
- Sweet on You will nourish the new skin that has been exposed by exfoliating.
- Sweet on You could help get rid of keratosis, those little red bumps that are common on upper arms and the back of thighs and that reportedly affects 40% of the population.
- Ginger, grapefruit, lime and lemongrass are supportive of improved circulation (as is exfoliating, generally). Grapefruit is known for its effect on breaking down cellulite.
- Ginger, grapefruit, lime and lemongrass are all have digestive properties, so they may help get things “moving” in the morning especially if you massage the scrub into your belly, clockwise.
- Lemongrass is particularly helpful for calming nerves and overcoming nervous exhaustion.
- Ginger is an aphrodisiac!
- Ginger is also known to be a good analgesic. Massage the scrub into your shoulders, neck, and lower back for some muscle love. Or better yet, get someone else to do it (see #9).
- Lime and Grapefruit are known to be highly uplifting and cheering. Feeling like sunshine is not a bad way to start your day.
- The fragrance level of this scrub is noticeable enough to enjoy but not overpowering so it won’t interfere with your other products. Nobody will smell like a yellow lifesaver.
- Sweet on You can be used all over the body. It’s unbelievable on the feet (top and bottom), especially after you use a file to get rid of the really hard stuff on the bottom.
- A body “polish” or scrub in a spa costs on average $140+ gratuities, + parking, ++++. This scrub will get you through the winter for $32.95 + HST
Enjoy the new scrub, and the new blog. I hope to keep it interesting, beautiful and real. As always, let me know what you think. Now you can do it right here in the comments section!
Keep warm, stay well.